Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ditches, Bitches, and Brass Monkeys

Ditches: I had to work in Sioux Falls today. On my way up the interstate wasn't great, but it wasn't bad if you took a little caution. Apparently, some in South Dakota disagree with me. There were three cars in the ditch between the Tea exit and I-229, a mere 2-3 mile stretch. One blonde seemed completely unconcerned as she chatted on her cell phone while buried in the ditch. I'm sure she was calling for help, but a part of me laughed thinking that she was talking on the phone to a friend, not even realizing she was in the ditch. I like that thought much better. Makes it seem more poetically acceptable.

Had lunch with Mr. Bite again and we talked about the usual stuff: biking, babes, and booze. Next week our collective good looks will be enhanced greatly as we meet with Janey from the MS Society for lunch.

Bitches: On the way home from fleet on my bike, I heard a creaking noise behind me so I moved farther over onto the untouched snow. The creaking wasn't the car itself but a smartass kid opening a creaky door to do the fake "I'm going to hit you with my back door" trick. Lucky for him I didn't recognize him and the license plate was snowed over. I've been known to call the cops and make complaints on such fine, outstanding citizens. Here's hoping that he truly IS a good kid just showing off. Here's hoping he doesn't do it again. It could get bloody.


Brass Monkey: I had a friend who needed a little computer assistance tonight. I got my riding gear on and went over to his place. It's probably 1.5-2 miles to his place. Even though I was bundled up and fine, I noticed that my hands got a touch cold making me wish that I had put my liners in my gloves. When I got home and checked my computer I noticed the air temp is a balmy -8 degrees. Gee...wonder why my hands got a little cold in my lighter linings. On the bright side, I didn't even really notice the temp other than my hands. I am apparently getting seasoned well to the weather.

No comments: