Saturday, September 27, 2008

Chad's Fall Rollers Riding Rollers Ride

Due to far too many Saturday events going on, I had to go for maximum participation points and I headed over to the early ride of the day so I had time to complete the rest of my family duties. Chad Pond sent out a ride early in the week that he's been teasing us with for quite some time and I have to say that I'm impressed. I've ridden in the area a few times, but the route he chose for us definitely had some serious rolling hills for a 47 mile ride.

It was a small group of Lane Hogs attending, but I can see this ride becoming a bigger deal in the future. It really is a great ride with some awesome views from the top of some of the hills. Other than Cycling Cathy's complete stand up comedy routine in Hawarden that had us all in stitches, the memory of the day had to come from "Frank" the combine (that a Disney Car's reference for the uninformed) chasing the riders uphill and then having the bikes pull away downhill. Running through my mind the whole time was: "That's Frank!" (again...you have to know the movie). Here is a photo of "Frank" chasing 'em down.



Here is the profile of the ride. It may not seem like much, but it is nearly constant rolls.



It was a great ride and many thanks to Chad (and his wife Cathy) for hosting!



Oh yeah...FAB boys...the "crazy tire changing chick" was there. She said she'll be there to change your tires for you in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the reference to Frank, laughed my butt off remembering the "tractor tipiing" episode!
I can do rollers, it's just the hills that kill me!

Unknown said...

A great ride! The hills look very impressive on your Garmin! A good warm up ride for the B2B ride next weekend. Hope I can be there!