Saturday, November 01, 2008

Bike vs. Car Report: Oct 16 - Oct31

Drove a little more the last half of October. Three days of driving was due to Schnoctobeerfest in Elkhorn/Fremont. We made a long weekend out of it and enjoyed our time. We also went to a play last Sunday in Yankton. The other day of driving was due to the fact that Laura had to work and I had to pick up the kids after school because it was raining. Unlike myself, I don't expect them to ride in the rain...yet.

One major surprise was that I had a day without any biking. The reason? I was sick. Didn't leave the house all day and was basically a lump on the couch all day.

DateBike?Drive?Passenger?
16-OctYesNoNo
17-OctYesYESYES
18-OctYesYESNo
19-OctYesYESNo
20-OctYesNoNo
21-OctYesNoNo
22-OctNONoNo
23-OctYesYESNo
24-OctYesNoNo
25-OctYesNoNo
26-OctYesYESNo
27-OctYesNoNo
28-OctYesNoNo
29-OctYesNoNo
30-OctYesNoNo
31-OctYesNoNo
Totals151
Month30/315/312/31
Percent96.77%6.45%16.13%

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I just started biking as much as I could this past summer. It's almost a mental game. It's a bit difficult with the kids in the Burley, but they LOVE it and they can explain to anybody why we bike so much....and that's important. I'll tell them we have to get going and jump in the car and they'll ask why we aren't biking...."uh guys, it's pouring rain and 30mph winds...and daddy can't take you 20miles in the dark." I love that I've instilled in them the desire to bike first, drive second though. Guys like you are an inspiration to do it more and go farther.