Sunday, June 11, 2006

BANDITS!!!!!!!

I did something today I thought I'd never do: I rode bandit on day zero(?) of the Tour De Kota. For those of you who don't know cycling terms, it simply means some of us followed the same roads as everybody else, but we didn't pay to ride. I seriously would have, but I truly didn't know until about 3:00 in the afternoon if I could arrange for my three children to be watched while I rode. Thanks to a wonderful mother in law and sister in law, they covered for me.

My punishment: It was cold, mist/slight rain, mild winds 6-12 mph, and I loved every minute of it. It was a nice ride amongst familiar terrain in the Yankton/Vermillion area. The one downer was that I forgot my Garmin 301 so I had to stick to the cyclocomputer for this trip. Total mileage of the day is almost that of my training for all of last week (insert sad face here)! The computer showed a grand total of 102.74 at days end.

1 comment:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Aaggh! You rode BANDIT? Your cur! You rogue! A pox and flats upon your clinchers.