Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A new habit??

Since I knew my daughter has a softball game at 6:00 tonight, I figured that if I was going to be sure to get a decent bike ride in that I'd go this morning. The alarm went off at 5:00 am and much to my surprise I got out of bed without much of a second thought. I was out on the road before 5:30 and after a brief loop around town, I headed out to the bridge.

What a beautiful morning. The wind, according to weather.com, was CALM! Let me tell you NON South Dakotans, the wind is SO VERY RARELY calm in this state that I wasn't sure how to handle it. I wasn't biking with my head buried from the wind, or biking at a 45 degree angle from the crosswind, I was actually in an UPRIGHT position. Crazy stuff to say the least!

I think I can get used to getting up at 5:00 am once in awhile to do an easy 15-20 miler before the wind turns unbearable. Not everyday mind you, as I'm a bit of a night owl and I'm sure that I will not always be as eager to get out of bed as this morning, but beautiful mornings like this will certainly help!

No comments: