Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Being Sick Makes You Read Things You Just Wouldn't

For those who know Larry the Cable Guy, this is my take on how it happened: I was sick last Monday and Tuesday...miserably sick. In my state of no movement, I was desperately wanting something to read. However, the books I ordered from Barnes and Noble hadn't yet show up. What to do, what to do...

Well, my mother-in-law said, "Why don't you read the book that I gave Laura to read "Memoirs of a Geisha". " This is where my Larry the Cable guy kicked in and said "Yeaaaaaahhhhhh...I don't think so"...... So, I'm reading "Memoirs of a Geisha".........

Okay, I could carry the joke on and on and on, but even though it is definitely a "chick book" it was a very good read. So good, that when my much awaited book came in from Barnes and Noble I seen fit to finish the book. Who knows, I may have even allow my wife to drag me to the movie. What's next? Enjoying shopping? I don't think so, unless it's internet shopping, then I can spend some time shopping indeed!

No comments: