Saturday, October 21, 2006

Three Minutes?

So, I woke up early on a Saturday. Something I would rather NOT do as I prefer to sleep in a little to make up for my lack of sleep during the week. It just wasn't meant to be as I heard my wife up getting ready to go to work. I got up, had too many thoughts racing through my mind and so I was up.

Then one of those moments that leave you speechless happened. My oldest son got up, came out where I was standing at the computer reading the news, and said "7:15? I thought it was like 7:18". With a puzzled look on my face I asked him "...and the difference would be?" Without even thinking he said "3 minutes!" and he walked on downstairs to his video games.

I've tried to figure it out if was just a semi sleep state or what, but I STILL have no idea where his thought process was. It was a whole different world that he was in though. Either that or Dad is just getting old.

No comments: