Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy "13th" Mr. Announcer


The Voice of the Dakota Dome and many other sporting events throughout the state (especially track meets), is having is official 13th birthday today! If you've attended any sporting event at the dome in the past 25 plus years or gone to Howard Wood/Dakota Relays or the state track meet, you've undoubtedly had the pleasure of hearing "The Voice".

Not only is he "The Voice" but he adds so much life to the meets. Over the past few years I've been working the Daktronics board at Howard Wood for the bigger meets. I can't tell you how many late nights I've spent with Greg putting together stats of the major runners for announcing. Such fun facts as "Little Sally So-and-Such won the mile run at the Bear Butte Invitational earlier this spring". It's the little things that he's willing to do that add so much to the meets. There have been a few late nights at The Watering Hole on Madison Street too!

Hopefully this puts me "in the black" for the next four years as Greg is often my ride home after track meets in Sioux Falls. I like to ride my bike from Vermillion to Lennox or beyond (sometimes all the way to Howard Wood Field) and have Greg bring me back home.

Without further ado: Mr. Announcer and good friend....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: