Sunday, February 03, 2008

Wasted Weekend

I had a horrible headache on and off all weekend. I went to band practice at church Saturday morning and by the time I got home, I knew that the planned afternoon ride with CDV was definitely off.

I had slept in until 9 in the morning (thank you dearest wife for diverting children for me), band practice 10-12, ate lunch, went back to bed until nearly 4:00. Went to the USD Basketball Doubleheader versus Minnesota State Mankato. Side note: congrats to the 4th ranked Men and Women for moving their respective records to 19-1. Got home, headache was back so the muscle relaxer was in order.

A decent night sleep and I woke up feeling great...until Church was over. I wanted to get a ride in to make up for Saturday. Not happening once again. Laura gave me a massage (it was FAB-U-LOUS) and I was perking up again. We went to a senior vocal recital at the University and then to the store. Shortly thereafter, I was struggling again. Luckily nothing was expected of me today, because a bump on a log was about all I was good for.

I have swallowed a small drugstore this weekend. This headache issue needs to disappear soon. Serious training needs to start NOW. I'll gladly give my headache to the first person who wants it.

No comments: