Tuesday, December 05, 2006

USD Theatre Department - Urinetown

I'm by no means an aficionado when it comes to plays and/or musicals, so it wasn't surprising when I had never heard of the musical "Urinetown". It seems that nobody else had heard of it either though. A graduate student from the Student Christian Community was in charge of the set, our church organist/pianist was playing piano for it, and the musical director recently sang at our church, so I had to check it out.

Sunday afternoon Laura and I sat FRONT AND CENTER (QUITE figuratively might I add)for the musical. I have to tell you, not only was I impressed with the play, but it was one of the best plays that I've ever seen here at USD. They always do a great job, but this one was just plain fantastic. Kudos on such a great presentation! For those who didn't get to see it, if you ever get the chance, see Urinetown!

No comments: