Thursday, January 12, 2006

DADDY LOOK!!

2 ½ year old children are so full of amazement.  It is so much fun to see the world through their eyes.  Tonight Marissa had a program at the W.H. Over Museum where the PTA had sponsored a program for children entitled “I Wonder Why” and she had an entry into the contest.  She did a wonderful job with water colors on her project and got nice comments from the judges.  But without further ado, let’s get back to the child of amazement.

With all the people in the gallery, Carson was a little “crowded” and was constantly tugging Laura or I into the hallway.  Laura had to get to work, so that left me in charge of entertaining Carson while we waited for Austin and Marissa to finish up and be ready to go home.

We ended up in the main gallery of the Museum in the area with many animals.  Everywhere we turned Carson was amazed by the stuffed animals and was constantly screaming (not just saying) DADDY LOOK! (or Daddy Wook! if his binky was in).  I would look into his eyes and see the utter amazement at things that I have taken for granted for so long living in South Dakota and just life in general.  The big buffalo was definitely a hit and we had to walk all the way around it to the constant chorus of DADDY LOOK!  Then it was the bald eagle, the fox, the turtle, the coyote, the elephant bones…DADDY LOOK!!  DADDY LOOK!!  I wish I could tell you how many times I heard DADDY LOOK in the matter of ten minutes of time.

I could have been annoyed by the constant barrage of his amazement, but I chose to join his excitement and make his experience one that all of us talked about on the way home.  It is amazing watching them grow up, and although my ears will ring “DADDY LOOK!” all night long, the smile that it brings to my face is worth it.  Thank you Carson for such a wonderful memory.

No comments: