Saturday, January 21, 2006

New Bike Path Discussion

On Wednesday night we had a meeting/discussion about an extension to our existing bike path that would follow along the Vermillion River.  There was one homeowner who was there against it, but most of his objections were just his way of saying he didn’t want the path near/on his land more than legitimate complaints.  

The only reason I mention this meeting at all is the fact that I would like to take this opportunity to announce my plans to ride in the 2006 Tour de France.  The same gentleman who was complaining about the proposed bike path said “This is going to increase the bike traffic that already comes by my house at 30-40 miles per hour”.  For the record, I go by quite often, but my computer only shows 20-22 on a good day, obviously I need to get my computer checked as "THE EXPERT" has me clocked much faster!  If I had known, I could have been the one to stop Lance in his bid for seven straight.  Now we will never know...

On a much more plausible note, if I'm doing 30-40mph on that section of town, get to your basements quick because there is a tornado close behind!

No comments: