Friday, December 30, 2005

Building Big Red

Okay, I love redheads.  I don’t know what it is, but I always take a second look when it comes to redheads.  I shared this with my wife early on and, much to my pleasure, she’s pretty much been a redhead ever since.  Of course, as you may have guessed, this requires the art of hair dyes.  All these years, I’ve never been involved with the process of “building big red” but sometimes I walk in during the process which about makes gag from the smell.  Somebody has always helped her…..until tonight.

Last night I uttered words that could only have been uttered from sheer love for another:  “Honey, I’ll help you color you hair if you want me to”.  Was that really my voice?  Did I say that out loud?  Was I that desperate to have my wife to have red hair?  Apparently, yes!  Let the building of Big Red begin.

Now, this is not a small task.  My wife has beautiful hair, but THICK and FULL hair. Coloring her hair takes two bottles of color and about two hours to complete.  Amazingly, for a first effort, I did okay and I survived the smell.  The smell is quite horrible, but the results are worth it.  My beautiful wife has transformed into beautiful Big Red!  Would I do it again???  Yeah, if nobody else volunteers, I’m sure I’ll be there again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Hair! Red looks Great! Could not have done a better job if I had done it myself.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin, its Irene..I have a blog too..come check it out..your blog is sweet. Funny story about helping your wife become red..I guess my husband loves red too, because I certainly am a Big Red..lol..talk to you soon..God bless you.Irene