Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Winter Bike Parking at Work

Last year I had to complete a few phone calls to remind the nice people on the grounds staff that it was unacceptable for my parking space to be so buried that I couldn't even see the rack. Their solution was acceptable: They came by with a bobcat and at least got it to the point where I could lock up.



This year I made a single phone call, catching their voice mail. I was very kind in stating that it would be nice if they could cut out at least a couple spots in the bike rack as I commute all winter and I'm sure that building maintenance staff probably doesn't appreciate me bringing my bike inside, making a mess as the snow and crud melts off it.

Return voice mail message: "I apologize for it not being cleaned off as of yet and I'll put it on a higher priority for upcoming snowfalls. We will have it cleared of later today or early tomorrow."

It's good to be the king.

No comments: