Friday, March 09, 2007

Excel 2007 - Charting Issues

Hi, my name is Kevin and I'm an Excel Geek (Hiiiiii Kevin). There, now that we got that out of the way, I have to tell you that I like the new Excel 2007. However, when I tweaked a graph that was originally made in Excel 2003, it now renders AMAZINGLY SLOW. It takes OVER A MINUTE for the chart to come up. The chart is a daily point graph of my projected miles for the year. You see, I'm a visual person. I like charts. But is seems ridiculous that this is taking this long. Anybody else out there using Excel 2007 and having this issue?



***UPDATE*** Found the issue. Unless you have an INCREDIBLE amount of RAM, don't make your drop lines do funky things like change colors. I made them a solid color and it is MUCH happier now! Still not completely sold on Excel 2007 though!

2 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Hold on - I just saw the new picture on your profile page. Where did the 3rd little Brady come from?

bikingbrady said...

3.5 years later and we are still asking that same question :-)