Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Suprise 40th Birthday Party

So you want to surprise me. Well, my wife and a others did a great job of it as they had a surprise 40th birthday party for me LAST Friday, eight days ahead of my birthday. I guess, if you want to catch somebody off guard, that's the way to do it!

We went out to dinner with our friends Craig and Liz and started talking about college, the fun we had, the stupid things we did. Next thing you know we decided that we needed to go out for a drink. We ended up at The Varsity, an old college haunt mind you, and they got me good as they rented out the basement and had everybody stashed away. I couldn't believe all the people that were "in" on the surprise, including my mother who I thought was coming down to watch the kids so we could go out.

It was a great night seeing many friends and family. We did a good job NOT reliving our college drinking days. We were able to walk out on our own :-)

No comments: