Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Staples - THAT was Easy

In the midst of all the Gut Check posts as of late, I failed to mention that a member of our family received three staples in his head. I was out for a "taper" ride for the Gut Check on a Friday night, a week before the race. Carson decided to barrel into an open screen door (on the skinny sharp side) and gash his head open. Laura called me and I was still about six miles out of town. My taper ride quickly became a dead sprint back to town to meet up with Laura and "The Grandma's" in the ER. He just got the staples out Monday. Pictures of the incident are below.



I'm here to tell you, that THESE staples are expensive. They cost about $250 each. You do the math.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor C-man... I bet it didn't faze him one bit...once the trauma was over...he probably forgot they were there! Kids are so resilient.

Spoke-N-Sport said...

My daughter is getting stitched up as we speak. I wonder it the have the Red Swingline stapler handy.

Anonymous said...

Dang! That looks painful. I had to ride to the hospital once to meet Lindsey when Tommy was in the ER. I was huffing and puffing pretty badly by the time I got there! Hope he's doing better now.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... $250 each? Puts my emergency room visit into perspective, though I should go and check how much the scrubs they sent me home in cost. :D Sorry to see the injury. He'll have a really cool scar though. :D Tis but a scratch...