Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Streak Nearly Ended

The streak is at 309, but barely. I had to leave town at 6:30 this morning to get a fleet car to go to Sioux Falls. Waking up at 5:30 it was a pretty nasty thunderstorm, complete with my least favorite thing: sharp lightening. I checked radar and it looked like it would be close to moved out by 6:15 which would keep the streak going. The nasty part did leave by then and I rode with my "rain layer" on to get the car from fleet. The streak continues.

Along the same lines, I as I was watching the weather on TV to see how the storm was moving, I heard one of the dumbest statements ever...by a pretty well known weather person. The extreme Southeast section of South Dakota (you know, where I live) was in a high danger for storms tonight, which in retrospect proved pretty darned accurate. But as they were discussing the "high danger" it was discussed that it was very rare to see that forecast and that it could mean very bad things for us. Then the statement of the day came out: "In the few times I've seen this type of alert, it either happens or it doesn't". Huh? Yes, that was the actual statement. I'm sure they was searching for something much more prophetic, but that was apparently the best that could be done at 5:30 AM.

1 comment:

thE_kErnEl said...

sounds like jay t.

if it's lightning, don't ride your bike. you can always keep the "ride bike to work when it's not lightning" streak going!