Thursday, January 01, 2009

Bike vs Car Report: Dec 15-31

Well, for only keeping track of my biking versus driving/passenger for the last three months of the year, I'm moderately happy with my results. While I have no intentions of keeping track of my mileage this year, I will keep up with this report. I don't feel that the amount of mileage I ride is as important to who I am as eliminating my need to use the vehicle as much as possible.

Maybe, just maybe, I can motivate a few more people to ride more and drive less. I know there are followers of my blog who read just to see what crazy thing I might do next. That's not really what I'm hoping to prove. I'm just trying to prove that it's NOT HARD to leave the car behind for many things. It just that society has become increasingly lazy and complacent behind the wheel of a cage. It's as good a time as any to change that. Get on your bike in 2009. Leave the car parked. Better yet. Sell it. You have too many anyway.

No comments: