Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Funny for Cyclists

Dear Uncle Al,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your all-knowing
advice.

I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me.
I've witnessed the usual signals. If the phone rings and I answer, the
caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with "the girls" a lot
recently, although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some
friends from work, you don't know them."

I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she
went out again so I decided to stay up and check on her.

Around midnight, I hid in the garage behind my bikes so I could get a good view
of the street as she arrived from a night out with "the girls." When
she got out of the car she was buttoning her blouse and straightening her skirt.

It was at this moment, crouching behind my carbon road bike, that I noticed a
slight crack in the down tube.

Is this something a bike shop can fix, or should I send it back to the company?
-- Concerned Roadie



Uncle Al Replies: CR, I'm truly sorry for your dilemma. It's not the
first time I've heard this sort of sad tale. You spend years investing in a
relationship only to be let down. Believing that time will heal all wounds too
often proves to have the opposite result.

It's not like this is anything new. It can happen to the best of us without
warning. You can read articles and books about this situation, you can seek
advice from friends, you can even cry about it. But even the strongest bonds can
fail. That's life.

I urge you to seek professional help. A caring person trained in these matters
is far better than trying to sort these things out alone. Of course, sometimes a
person who claims to be able to "fix anything" will only make matters
worse. You need to accept that a problem might be beyond repair.

Now, about that lying, cheating wife of yours. . . . Any guesses where she and
"the girls" are holding their get-togethers? Maybe a visit from your
Unc could help repair this crack in your relationship.

No comments: