Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Pi Day


I have to give credit to Lindsey for having "Happy Pi Day" (that's 3.14 for those of you who are intellectually challenged or blond) in her Google identity this morning or I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Upon further discussion we came up with a great idea. I checked the calendar and next year Pi Day is on a Saturday. With the number of "geeks" in our cycling club, I feel it is necessary to announce that we will have a Pi Day ride next year! I even geeked it out further by suggesting naming it the "Pi R NOT Squared, Pi R Round" ride. I thought it might be fun to have a social urban (Vermillion...urban...I don't think so) ride. Bebop around town and end up at the coffee shop and make sure they have Pi(e) for us.

Mark your calendars and remind me...I'm getting older and I forget things.

Late Edit: MinusCar brought up a great idea. The ride will take place officially on 3.14 at 1:59:26. I'm not explaining that one. If you haven't figured out where that comes from, you are not a true nerd.

4 comments:

mytzpyk said...

Hopefully your ride will start at 1:59.

thE_kErnEl said...

"Pies R Square" is a very fine eating establiment along the Elroy-Sparta train in 'sconsin.

bikingbrady said...

Good call MC...the ride shall commence on 3.14 at 1:59:26.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to add this one to my PDA when I get the battery charged back up! Nerd that I am, yup, got it right away...