Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Addicted to the Tandem

I didn't realize this until I checked my Motionbased account, but I haven't been on my road bike since June 21st. My whole focus as of late is making sure that Laura gets in the miles and the confidence on the "Big Blue" tandem. She's been doing great and I have to admit that I'm thoroughly enjoying having Laura around on all the rides.

With the crazy weather we had early in the year and knowing I needed to get out with Laura on the tandem, I now realize how nearly impossible it would have been to train for the Gut Check (with or without Team Man Tandem). Trying to do that on top of all family duties and there is just no way it could have happened.

I don't have near the miles I did last year, but I'm having twice as much fun. I love the tandem! Laura loves the looks we get when we are out on it.

This in no way means that the Gut Check isn't in the back of my mind. I will be back. With a vengeance.

No comments: