Monday, October 20, 2008

Mountain Biking at Ponca State Park

On Sunday, Letsche and I met Cindy L. & Cycling Cathy at Ponca State Park to do a little mountain biking. It was actually a lot LESS mountain biking than expected as we were also taking part in a photo shoot for a local photographer who wanted to take some pictures of us mountain biking. Setting up shots and the amazing amount of shots taken by the photographer gave me a major appreciation for their profession.

We did get to see a few of the shots on the camera and some of them are amazing and I can't wait to see the finished product. Letsche had a couple of big air moments dropping onto one of the trails that will turn out awesome. Unfortunately the photographer missed his stellar crash as he was in the path of a rapidly rolling Letsche. He did take some photos of his dirty face after his face plant.

It was a great time and now I have the bug to get over there and do some more single track riding. I did learn that Letsche is a very good mountain biker. Of course he's 16 years my junior so I shouldn't feel TOO bad about watching him do things I wish I could do on the trails. Besides, for the time being, I can still take him on the road. The old guy has to find a silver lining where he can.

I'm not sure we will get any picture to post, but if the pictures end up on the photographers website, I'll let you know. Oh yeah, to the CiTy BiLLy crew, I was wearing the King of the Road jersey for extra style points.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the complement. Nice work on finding silver lining. I can't wait to see the pics. I'm betting the crash was well worth it. Let's get over there again soon!

Anonymous said...

just noticed some pics on his blog: http://www.aaronpackard.com/blog/?p=30