Thursday, January 10, 2008

Scooba-Do I Love You

The Roomba rocks, don't get me wrong. I love the fact you can schedule the Roomba to vacuum when you're not home and I'm impressed with the job it does.

After some initial issues priming the pump on the Scooba (the instructions could spell that out a little better), I cut Scooba-Do loose to do the voodoo that it do. I must admit, I am VERY impressed. We had a couple of kid spillages on the floor (imagine that) and the floor itself hadn't been mopped in a little while so it was a good first test. Below is a before and after shot along with the water collected by Scooba-Do.

Here is by far the "gross out" spot on the floor where something was knocked off the counter last night and supposedly wiped up by the knock-ee. This normally would have been cleaned up faster, but the need to give Scooba-Do a good test was a must!


Same spot/area after Scooba-Do did it's thing:


And....the aftermath from the Scooba:


Buyers Remorse: 0
Product Ratings:
--Scooba: 4.8 out of 5 stars
--Roomba: 4.1 out of 5 stars
iRobot's Customer Service (about the priming issue): 4.9 out of 5 (moderately long wait, otherwise this would have been a 5)
iRobot's instructions: 2.8 out of 5 (doesn't give great instructions on the priming. You really have to get a tight seal on it before the priming).

The ability to do something else while your kitchen floor is cleaned: Priceless

5 comments:

Doug said...

I'm telling my wife we need one now. That thing looks very handy, but I could do with fewer toilet shots :)

Snakebite said...

Must get one for myself. I wonder if it'd clean the bathtub if I put it in there.

SD_pedalpower said...

Sweet. Does is get bike grease spots out of carpets?

bikingbrady said...

SD-P...if they could create a robotic carpet shampooer...I'd be golden!

Michelle said...

I love my Roomba, we call it R2K2 - the K is after my dog, KC, who barks at it from time to time. Makes him feel tough. I maybe a Scooba will be on the list later on.