Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Day Freeze Your Giblets Ride

The Spoke-N-Sport New Year's Day Ride was very much as advertised in my last post: Cold, windy, and would only bring out the stupidest bravest riders. The ride was cut from 20 to about 8 miles due to the conditions (sorry to my friends in Alaska, we can't hang with y'all). Eight miles was still enough to make my toes and fingers a little on the numb side so I was glad to be done.

Afterwards we enjoyed some awesome chili, a keg of 1919 Root Beer, hot chocolate and coffee. It was nice to see the Sioux Falls gang. I hadn't seen many of them since the Margarita Ride so it's always good to spend time with them.

My last post laid the guilt trip on Craig D. and he showed up to ride. Chad P. (from Alcester, not The Owner) also showed up and rode his trike. Travis K. (now living in SF, but former Lane Hog legend) also rode but showed up late, something that NEVER happens with Travis < /sarcasm > so it was nice to see him as well.

Here are a few pictures from the proceedings:

The owner:


Craig D and I preparing to rob the store go for a ride. I'm sporting a new balaclava due to the fact I forgot my Headsokz. It's all part of the owner's evil plan I'm sure.


Craig D and I mounted up and ready to roll.

4 comments:

SD_pedalpower said...

I have never met you but I guess I was standing right next to you. I'm in the orange Trek in the photo. Which one are you?

thE_kErnEl said...

nice to see your wife again ;-)

bikingbrady said...

SD_P -- You need to tell your "friends" to be better about introducing you around! I'm in the black PI jacket.

Kernel - Laura says "STAY AWAY PERVERT!!". Damn she's a good judge of character.

barry said...

Here's how we spend the winters in the 'big city'. :)

http://www.kare11.com/life/lifestyle/mnbound/mnbound_article.aspx?storyid=491474